Saturday, July 22, 2006

My First......

Had my first experience driving a van yesterday. I must say that i was really scared at first because all along,i have been used t0 driving cars and driving a van is an all new dimension,let alone a police van which gave me added responsibilities. The challenges came in the form of the van's mobility which was reduced due to it being longer and wider than a car. So when it came to cornerings,i was kinda worried that i would i would hit the kerb or scratch against some objects. Thank goodness,everything was smooth sailing throughout until i reached my destination..As i was going to park the van,i had turned on the hazard lights(good driver ok!) but as there were some problems with me not being allowed to park at the location,i did not park immediately but negotiated with the authorities instead. When i was finally allowed to park,i did not observe that this lorry had actually stopped directly behind my van. So i just started to reverse in to the parking lot which was for parallel parking and all of a sudden,there was this very loud blaring of a horn and my van shook..I had knocked into the lorry!..So much for smooth driving huh..Aniwae,there wasn't any visible damage to the van so thankfully,all is well if not i would have been in trouble. So now,whose fault was it? Guess it was partially mine for not checking and the lorry driver's as well,for stopping behind,only about 1 feet from my van.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home