Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Looking back..

The other day, me,my 2 brothers and my mum were at the dinner table having dinner when we started on a topic about grades as my brother had returned home from school after his mathematics paper 2. Apparently,my brother had not prepared for the paper well enough and as such,he had gave an indication that he may not be able to pass. My mom then lamented that it was because of his playfulness and unwillingness to concentrate in his preparations that had led to such an outcome. She tried to comfort him by telling him that now it was too late to regret as the papers had already been handed up. Furthermore,since the results were not out yet,there is still the possibility that he may still pass. My mum then advised him to be forward looking and to work harder for the other remaining papers so that he could still salvage the situation should his mathematics really fail to pull through. Somehow,in the midst of the conversation,my mother made a reference to me and how my dad had sometimes used me as an example to preach to this brother of mine to work harder now so that in the future,when he reaches my stage,he would not live with regrets of not being able to make it to a school of his choice etc. True enough though,looking back at what i have done,i really regret then ignoring the constant requests by my parents to study hard and to cut down on my playtime. I regretted having not concentrated when i ought to and ultimately ended up having to live with my falling grades as i progressed from primary to secondary to tertiary school. Looking back,indeed i have made several wrong choices that led me to where i am today but then again,i am sure that anyone who is a human being would make mistakes in life. I just hope that in time to come,i would not repeat these mistakes once again and perhaps,as my parents continue to use me as an example for my brothers,they may come to realise that at this moment when they have not reached my stage in life,there is still time for them to pick themselves up and avoid taking the same path that i did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home