Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wounds will heal but the scars will still remain...

I find this statement rather true.I've heard of friends who have broken up before and when they get into another relationship,they are afraid that it would end up in breakups again.I must say that i do not blame them for feeling insecure despite the current relationship they are in being rather stable. Afterall,a breakup is no small matter. It makes one feel that all the promises made before are just a pack of lies and asking a person to just let go of a relationship that involves so much committment and feelings is just not an easy task. That is why when a person finally moves on,it is inevitable that he or she still has the fear that things will go bad again. I am not saying that every relationship is a fairytale that would begin and last all the way to marriage. But then again,trust in one's partner as well as oneself is necessary to keep a relationship going. Yes,there may be the possibility of a second or even third breakup but then,it is the belief that would bind 2 people together. Not having the faith would simply mean that one party would start to drift away,not having the courage to commit to the relationship and constantly living in fear and disbelief that the bliss and happiness present now will be everlasting. I won't deny the fact that this is the same for me. After having a breakup from my previous relationship,sometimes i would tend to think if the next relationship i would be in would be long lasting or shortlived. I would ponder if my next girlfriend would truly be the right one for me or would she just be another part of my memories. But then again,when such thoughts appear,i would cast them aside and simply just believe that its takes more than just a simple coincidence for 2 people to get together. I believe it takes fate for 2 unknown people to become aquaintances and then go on in life to be partners. Nevermind the fact that a relationship may go bad. It is our duty to keep it going. Yes there can be differences and quarrels along the way,but i trust that through determination and a strong belief that this is it and that the impossible is possible,a relationship can be maintained.It may be tough along the way and the past may come back and haunt,but then,the present is like a second chance from God,no problem cannot be resolved,no differences cannot be ironed out,all it takes is trust and believe and deep in me,i tell myself that if God gives me another chance to be in another relationship again,i would put the past behind and try to make it last. What about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home