Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Irony..

Sometimes,it is such an irony that when we are attached, we want to have our own space and yearn to be single but on the other hand,when we are single,we feel lonely and wished that there was someone for us to be with.I find that this is rather true,especially if applied to my personal life. Every now and then,i would be reminded of my past relationship,the memories i had and even the minor details during the period of time that i was attached.The entire relationship lasted about a year and 8mths and i recall how during the days leading up to the breakup,i had constantly lamented that the relationship had taken a toll on my social life,depriving me of time spent with family and friends as well as for my personal space. I had wanted out then,so that i could "be alone and do the things i really wanted to do". Looking back,2 years have passed since the breakup and having matured with time,i have come to realise certain important aspects of a relationship which otherwise i was unaware about then. I am now aware about the demands of a relationship and have since realised the mistakes that i had made. It is only times like these when i truly understand how much i had taken the relationship then for granted.I was self centered then and only spared a thought for my personal well being. It was always about me,myself and i. It didn't occur to me how much feelings my girlfriend had put into the relationship then.I never thought about the amount of pain i would eventually cause her if i were to ask for a breakup. I was too self conscious then.Just because i saw that things were not ideal ddn't mean that she was seeing things the same way. But i am glad that now,i have realised these mistakes that i had made so that i could share it for others to learn from it while at the same time,so that if i get attached again,i would not repeat them a second time. Truth is,now that i am single,there are times i wished that i was still attached. Lesson from all these is to consider your choices carefully and not jump into a decision hastily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home