Friday, August 11, 2006

NDP2006



I had the chance to be right where the fun was, at the national stadium,on 09/06/2006. It was the very last time that our national day celebrations would be held within the stadiums premises which would be torn down to make way for a brand new sports hub. I was not there as a civilian,but rather as a police officer on duty. My role that day was to watch the crowd at the stadium,to ensure that there wasn't any situation there and then. Thankfully,everything went along smoothly and most importantly,i had the chance to watch the entire event live. Although i had to brave the scorching sun and lose sleep,everything was made worth it just by having this chance to be at the location itself.

There were certain segments during ths show which moved me close to tears,segments that brought out a sense of nationality in me as well as loss knowing that we are bidding the very signature national stadium goodbye. Overall,the duty was tiring but being able to be a part of this memorable event is really an honour to me,at least i can proudly say that i was part of NDP 06'=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home