Friday, October 20, 2006

It has begun (19/10/06)

Now that i have started my ORD leave clearing,i have also set out on doing what i had planned to do,that is to look for a job,preferbly something i enjoy working as that will last me from the time i officially ORD till before school term starts. I signed up with recruit express,a job agency whose corporate office is located at Ngee Ann city tower A today. Basically all i had to do was to provide my particulars and some of my qualifications,the rest of the job finding work would be the responsibility of the job agency. They would notify me of any possible jobs and it would be up to me to decide if i would be keen to proceed for an interview with the company that has shown an interest in me. Unfortunately,as far as i had gathered,the agency only caters to jobs dealing with sales,public relations or office work. Not the kind i was very keen in. Hence i had stated that i would prefer a job that was more engaging,rather than one that required me to work behind a computer screen the entire day. At the same time,i have also been flipping through the classified ads section in the straits times newspaper,hoping to chance upon some jobs that may be of an interest to me. I had happened to take notice of an open application to be a show presenter at the singapore zoo and hence,i would be proceeding down to the zoo tomorrow for a walk in interview. Now thats the kind of job that i would love to hold. Not only is it interactive with members of the public,i also get a chance to be around animals,cool huh? But somehow,i feel that landing the job would be tough,given the fact that i cannot start work immediately and that i have no concrete acting experience except for story telling in primary school,haha! But i will still give it a shot nonetheless,afterall,it is something i'd really yearn to do,so no harm trying. Furthermore,since i would be making the trip all the way there,i might as well use the oppurtunity to visit the zoo,although i would be alone,but it doesn't matter because i love that place=). Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger juL~* said...

i assume u're at the zoo now.. (it's fri 11.41am now)

tt job is cool lor!!! wish u luck... though may b alil late already...

so did u c e ostrich? wahah! one of my fav wild animal... cute. and i always love to c e wild cats~ they're jus so majestic~~~ dunno correct word to describe ornot...

anw, wish u all e best in ur job hunting!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Y0uH0 said...

Lol,i saw the comment a little late. It's the 24th, 9.40pm now. I just came back from my pulau tinggi trip with the rest of the ncc guys. Do stay tune for a blog about it. Yep,i'd really love to hold that job,just hope that they would give me a chance. Haha,i wanted to take a tour around the zoo myself but sadly when i was there,it was raining. So i scrapped my plans and went home instead. And yep,i believe that you can use that word to describe them.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home