Friday, October 26, 2007

Which worths more? Money or friendship?

Last yr,i was approached by a friend of mine whom i used to be close because according to him, his family had apparently encountered some financial problems. As such,he wanted to know if i was able to lend him some money. On the account of our friendship,i decided to lend him $250 and i even made the effort to travel from my house to the central just to transfer the money to his account upon hanging up the phone. He sounded so appreciative then and even pledged to return the money soon but guess what,a year has passed and not only did i not get back my money,he has even ignored my countless messages and numerous phone calls. And just last nite,i figured out that enough was enough. I had given him 5 missed calls during the day and at night i tried to call him again when he did not even return any of my calls. The first call i could call through but nobody picked up the phone. On the second attempt,he hung up my phone as i was trying to call through and the third attempt,worst still, i was directed instantly to the voicemail which meant that he had turned his phone off. A check with one of my friend revealed that not only did he default on my repayment,he had also failed to return another $50 which my friend had lent him. I will not be suprised if there were others who were tricked into parting with their monies as well all in the nature of trying to help a friend in need. So i guess this proves it, for $250,i saw through the true colours of a "friend". So much for trusting him. Indeed i have learnt a very important and rather costly lesson,that some people may just choose money over friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home