Monday, May 26, 2008

Breaking news!

It may come as a suprise but I am going to go back to work at the ZOO!!! Haha! After taking a break for almost a year, i am returning back to the amphitheatre as an animal presenter/ token feeder. But this time round, i am hopeful that i would stay on for more than 2 yrs. At least until i complete my degree and find a new stable job.

I must say that i ended up going back to work at the zoo purely by fate. You see, today i had actually went to Tampines Mall for an interview at the aquarium there. I was hopeful of securing that job because of the amount of experience i had in the field and at the end of the interview, i was proven right when the boss told me to go home and consider if i wanted the job because if i wanted, i could start work tomorrow. But here is the drawback, to my dismay, i was informed by him during our conversation that the pay would be a meagre $4 and the working hours was a whopping 11hrs a day! After consulting my mum and babe, i came to the conclusion that despite the fact that i may be given the oppurtunity to help set up tanks for customers and potentially earn bonuses, the pay was far too low not forgetting the fact that i had to cover my meal and travelling expenses.

So i decided to let this job oppurtunity pass and decided to head home. But guess what? When i was at the interchange waiting for 72 to arrive, i happened to look at the queue i was in and there standing in line was my colleague from the zoo, Tines. So we boarded the bus , sat next to one another and started to talk. As usual, i would ask about how things were back at the department and he commented that it was bad and that they were desperately in need of manpower. He added that i should come back and work etc but i shall not dive into the details.

Basically, all i can say is that it is simply an act of God and fate. My exams had just ended last friday and today is the day that i went for my first interview. It's just meant to be. Well, everything happens for a reason and i have the full support of my family and most importantly babe so yep, it's back to memorising scripts! If you guys are going down to the zoo, let me know, i'll try to give u a personalised tour if i can but definately, the least i'd do is to say hi to you, welcome you and talk to you=).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home