Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ah,the silence.

Haha,so friday which was supposed to be the date line for the zoo to contact me just came and went like that and i did not hear anything from them. I had went to their website the night before and had caught sight of a very insignificant line right at the bottom of the page which read "We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified". So i guess that them not contacting me on friday just meant that my application was unsuccessful. Not only was i disappointed with the fact that i could not land the job,i was also disappointed with the fact that an organisation as big and established as theirs could not at least have had the courtesy to contact unsuccessful applicants like me to inform me that i had been rejected. I mean,if i had not spotted that line,i may have had been waiting in vain for a reply that would never come. Anyway,i was thick skinned enough to send in my resume to apply for other posts being offered at the zoo as well as the show presenter post once again despite my rejection.Guess i am still hoping that somehow,i would still be offered a job there.But then again,this time round,i also caught sight of something on their website--an e.mail address. I am planning to send in an e.mail so that i could obtain a dateline for myself to wait until. Anything after that and i would be aware of my unsuccessful application.Thereafter,i would give up trying for a position there. Come to think about it,perhaps they should come up with a position that i would gladly recommend--"application rejecter". Someone whose duty is to call up unsuccessful applicants to inform them that they were unable to land the job. Good huh? Haha,just my nonsensical thinking. Lol..Time to continue waiting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home