Monday, January 01, 2007

The New Year

Ah,how time flies. In just the blink of an eye,the year has passed just like that.And before we know it,it is already the year 2007. Now for a brief recap of 2006....2006 saw me completing my national service and finding a job at the zoo.It was also the year that i got to meet up with my pri sch friends,some of them whom i have not met for the past 8 years ever since we graduated. Other than that,there are not many other major incidents for me to actually talk about. On the whole 2006 was a year filled with lots of happiness that were made possible by the people around me,both family and friends..thank you everyone=). As for the year 2007,i guess i have several new year resolutions to fulfill. As i was telling JJ,hopefully i can spend christmas this year with someone special(provided i get to meet her and sorry JJ,i will still celebrate your 21st b'dae) as valentine's day will be a little too soon.I would also hope to get into a course of my choice but if i cannot,it is ok,i just hope to be able to have the strength to really study hard in whatever course i end up with and excel in my grades. Personally,i would also like to get myself a SLR camera and go around taking pictures(currently i am in the process of selecting the camera and where to get it from). Other then that i think i am pretty contented. Just want myself and the people around me to stay happy,be ever so blessed and remain healthy=).At the same time,i would also to give special attention to the first day of the new year.Last night while many others around the world were counting down and ushering the new year,i was asleep on my bed,in preparation for work today. Yes,i had work today(the zoo is open every single day). Sadly then i had to miss the countdown and did not get a glimpse of the spectacular fireworks display. Nevermind,there will be better ones the next time when i am able to catch it and who knows,someone special may just be by my side then making it all the more special...Ah,how i hope that can come true(me and my numerous dreams again,lol). Work was pretty fine today. Did token 1 by myself as the person whom i was suppose to buddy and observe did not turn up. Was kind of rusty and there were parts which i stumbled upon. Other than that,the day went on pretty well. At the end of it all,i met my parents at Ang Mo Kio central for dinner and while waiting for them,i got to see a rare sight,2 rainbows together,one on top of the other.At that point of time,i felt so comforted and something in my heart told me that everything was going to be fine. Now perhaps it was a sign to tell me that my wishes could probably all come true=). Now i shall believe in that by faith and trust that it shall be fulfilled. What a start to the new year,haha. Happy new year to all=)
Due to the poor quality of my camera phone(it is only 1.3 megapixels),the second rainbow is not really very visible but if you look above the rainbow which is easily visible,you may be able to make out the faint outline of the second rainbow. Trust me,when i saw it in real life,it was much more obvious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home