Friday, November 03, 2006

02/11/06

At about 9.30am today,i was awaken from my slumber by a phone call. Apparently it was my job agency consultant who had called me to inform that the application for the job at Singapore Press Holdings as an admin assistant had been turned down because i did not have the necessary experience. Subsequently,she also informed that she had jobs to offer me at the malls of centrepoint,eiither at centrepoint mall itself or at compass point mall.My job was to work at the redemption counter for a temporary period starting from the 11th of Nov(my ORD date) till the 24th of Dec.It sounded good enough for me so i gave her the go ahead to send my details over. After hanging up the phone,i realised that i would be away on holiday from dec 16th till the 26th as such i called her back to check with her if she had earlier taken note of the matter. Apparently,it had slipped her mind as such she then told me that i was henceforth unsuitable for the job. At the same time,she informed me that there was another job available at centrepoint mall itself. As a playcentre assistant. She did not really give me the details but only informed me that basically i had to work retail hours and my duty was to supervise the kids that were playing at the playcentre,ensuring that they did not injure themselves. I felt that it was a rather interesting job as such i gave her the go ahead to send my application and details over as well.Never did i expect that at around 11.30am,i received a call for her saying that she had managed to schedule an interview for me at 2pm later in the day. I was shocked at the speed but agreed to go for it nevertheless as i was going to meet jj later in town for movie anyway. After some minor rescheduling,i arrived at the interview venue--centrepoint mall management office at 1.45pm. Apparently,my scheduled interviewer was not around so someone else took the place and interviewed me instead. I didn't even got to know the name of my interviewer but throughout the interview,she basically highlighted my duties and asked if i was willing to fulfill the requirements. I was then informed again that my duty was to ensure the safety of the children who were playing there.Some may find it simple and stupid but well,i feel that it sounds fun! Imgaine being able to interact with the kids and shoppers,now that is what i want,being able to interact with members of the public. Nevermind the fact that my pay would not be that high,like what i believe,it would be purely for the experience. So after the interview,i was informed that they would inform me of the outcome either by the very same day or by the coming monday but never did i expect them to inform me at 3.20pm,just about an hour after the interview to let me know that i had been shortlisted for the job.I was amazed at the speed at which they had given me a reply. Perhaps like what jj said,it could be because noone was applying for it or it could have been like what my mother said,i am too good looking that they wanted to hire me immediately...Just joking...now please stop vomitting. Anyway,whatever the reason is(although i choose to believe in the latter,haha),i am really glad to have landed the job,my first job! Lol. but come to think about it,i don't believe the reason behind my shortlisting was like what jj said. Afterall,it is still quite some time away from the commencement date which means they still have plenty of time to go about choosing so yeah,there must be some reason behind it=X. Enough said,perhaps you may want to come down and visit me sometime then,lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home