Thursday, November 30, 2006

4 days on and counting


Ah,today marks the 4th day of work at the singapore zoo for me. And it's also another milestone for me because today,i donned the uniform for the first time. Wahaha,some of them commented that i looked quite smart in it..is it true? Lol. Anyway,i was informed by my superior that this saturday,i would be doing the bird photography section all on my own and next monday,i would commence my actual job as a token feeder and i would be out all by myself,giving commentaries about the animals. No help whatsover so it is do or die,haha. Kinda scary to think about it but i guess this has to do be done sooner or later. If i don't take this step,never can i ever live up to the requirements of my job.So i still have another 4 days to go to memorise my scripts,pretty much completed already but i still have problem making my commentary fluent..hope all these will be resolved by monday or the visitors will be listening to a spoilt "audio tape" having pauses and stuff.Lol. The day at the zoo ended off with a splash as well and it was really what happened as i was thrown into the pool located in the amphitheatre(the one for the perfomances). Apparently,this is a practice for all newcomers but before that i was already aware of the matter so i just "surrendered myself",wahaha. It was a nice cool refreshing time in the pool for me especially after a long day of work in the sun most of the time.The rest of the guys also jumped in with me and we ended up having a fun time in the water.The picture above was taken on the buggy at the end of the day yesterday,check out the macaw in the caage behind,thats paris,a female blue gold macaw=).More pictures to come in the future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home