Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Not my day..

Ah,today is really not my day.For a start,i was the bird man today so i reported for work at around 8.30am as usual to give myself some spare time before i officially start work at 9am.I went about doing the usual stuff,changing into my uniform,getting the necessary equipment and preparing the food for the macaws.Due to the number of things i had to do,i suddenly realised that i was a little behind time with some things still not done. One of them was to put a container of water into the bird's den.I had already prepared everything and was holding the container of water in my hand. All that was left to do was to place it in the den which was locked. I didn't have the keys and since one of the full time staff had it,i decided to approach her for help. I asked if she could help me put the water in to the den since she had the key,was in the area and because i was in a rush. At first,she asked me why and i just told her that i was rushing and the next thing she replied me really took me aback. She actually said "why should i?". I do not know if she meant it but judging by her tone and expression,i took it for real.That was strike one for me....
After that,i headed off to night safari as part of the routine,to pick up the birds and weigh them.As i was weighing one of them,i was bitten,not once,not twice, but 3 times! Can you believe it? That bird was really aggresive and after biting my hand,it did not want to let go,i had to shake it off. Now i have a small exposed wound on my right palm and other than that,the bitten areas are a little swollen and sore.That was strike 2.....
After i had set up the bird photography booth,i had wanted to retrieve the brooms which were locked up. Despite several tries,the lock refused to budge and i nearly yanked the whole thing off,lol. But thank god in the end it did open...
So that ladies and gentlemen was 3 strikes for me today but i refuse to be knocked out.The rest of the day went on pretty well until towards closing time when it started to rain cats and dogs. I was caught in the rain and became severely drenched but it was alright,kinda refreshing afterall. Today was a little different as well. Different in a sense that i met marianne from AHS guides while working. She was there with a group of friends and i was in the midst of talking to some tourists when i heard my name being called out. I then looked up and was suprised to see marianne. So she is the first person whom i know who has seen me at work,lol..more to come? wahaha.
Today is also the last day of work for one of the token feeders,Elizabeth. Although i didn't really get to know her,she is very nice and i really benefitted from her guidance and care. just like today,she was the one who helped me to dress my wound. But don't go thinking anyhow,she is already attached and she is also older than me..wahaha. Received a poster from her which she also gave to everyone else and heres a shot of it,thanks man jie jie=).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home